“I choose to…” vs. “I have to…”
Tentang: "Define your key roles"
Start with self, and then identify a maximum of seven roles of greatest importance to you. I’ve shared my own personal roles below as an example, including sub-roles for my “business owner” role.
Self: physical, mental, spiritual, social
Role #1: Wife
Role #2: Mother
Role #3: Family Member: sister, niece, aunt…
Role #4: Business Owner (see sub-roles)
Role #5: Friend
Role #6: Community Volunteer
Role #7: Singer
Sub-roles: Business Owner
Tentang "Identify weekly goals/choices — in writing".
Goals/Choices: tidak selalu harus merupakan SCHEDULED TASK / TODO!
- Goals can be focus areas (example: focus on using reflective listening skills with my daughter) or scheduled activities (example: work out at the gym three times for one hour each).
- Remind yourself of this truth: Every time I say “yes” to someone or something, I am saying “no” to someone or something else!
- They are driven by conscience and align with your personal vision and mission/purpose.
- Your focus is on the “important” rather than just the “urgent”
- They are driven by “I choose to…” rather than “I have to…” or “I should…”
- These four basic human needs:
- Physical (doing)
- Mental (learning)
- Spiritual (understanding/being)
- Social (relating)
- Paauwer Question: What is the most important thing I can do in this role this week that will have the greatest positive impact?